Minimally invasive surgery is increasingly implemented in surgical centers all over Belgium. However, residents often lack the opportunity to perform advanced procedures. This course is intended to provide hands-on training on the most common advanced minimally invasive surgical procedures in the field of colorectal surgery. A faculty of experienced minimally invasive surgeons will guide you through the advantages and pitfalls of these procedures. The hands-on training in human cadavers will offer the trainees the opportunity to “rehearse” these procedures in the presence of experienced supporting teachers. Every participant will be able to perform at least one procedure in a human cadaver as a first surgeon.
- Participants should be BAST & BGES member
- Priority for 5th & 6th year residents with strong interest in abdominal surgery. Fourth year residents can register and will be contacted if the course is not completed with 5-6th year residents.
- Priority for residents who have not yet participated in previous cadaver courses
- Since cadaver courses demand a lot of effort and financial resources, a deposit of €150 will be asked upon registration, to avoid no-shows. The deposit will be refunded upon attendance.
- Limited capacity of 12 residents
Please register via BAST.be