Digestive, general, oncologic and obesity Surgery
Born on February 19 1973 in Katana, DR Congo
Citizenship : Belgian
Legal partner, two children
• 1997 : M.D, Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium.
• 1997- 2003 : Training in Surgery in Belgium.
• 2003 : Graduated General and Digestive Surgeon in Belgium.
• 2001: Certificate of microsurgery, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgique.
• 2005 : Fellowship at the Oncologic center Oscar Lambret, Lille , France.
• 2005 : Fellowship in obesity surgery with Pr. J. Himpens, Belgium.
Dr. Jean-Philippe M.m.K. MAGEMA
Curriculum Vitae Dr. Jean-Philippe M.m.K. MAGEMA
Professionnal Experience and degrees
• Since 2014 : Head of staff of the Digestive and General Surgery Unit, CHU-UCL
Namur, site of Dinant, Belgium.
Since 2014: Supervisor of traineeship in Surgery.
• Since December 2011: Chairman of the Hospital Medical, CHU-UCL Namur, site of
• Since August 2005 : Attending Surgeon in the Digestive and General Surgery Unit,
CHU-UCL Namur, site of Dinant, Belgium.
• 2003-2004 : Surgeon in the Unit of Pr J. Gugenheim, CHU Nice, Nice, France.
Fields of interest
• Obesity Surgery, Laparoscopy, oncology, general, hepato-biliary, digestive surgery,
Medical and Social Societies Affiliations
• Board member of the Belgian Group of Endoscopic Surgeons (BGES)
• Member of the Belgian Society of Surgery.
• Member of the Belgian Group of Endoscopic Surgery.
• Member of the International Society for Obesity Surgery-IFSO.
• Member of the Belgian Society for Bariatric Surgery andMetabolic: Be-SOMS.
• Member of the Belgian Association of Surgical Trainees.
• Member of Rotary International, 2006-2009.
• Travel Award: International Hepato-Pancreatic-Biliary Association IHPBA World
Congress 2014, March 22-27, Séoul, Corea.
• Third best poster presentation, World Congress of Surgery, Durban 2005.